(http://quantdoctor NULL.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/eyes-close-data-32 NULL.png)
I presented some methods and results from my own self-tracking experiments, performed over the past 6 weeks, at the Quantified Self Silicon Valley (http://www NULL.meetup NULL.com/quantified-self-silicon-valley/events/32673902/) Show & Tell at IDEO in Palo Alto.
What did I do?
1. Implemented a version of the “Paleo Diet” to change my body composition.
2. Self-tracked to assess the effects of the new diet, and to assess its safety.
3. Self-tracked to attempt to figure out triggers of headaches.
How did I do it?
1. No grains, no legumes, no added sugar, minimal fruit. Lots of vegetables. Nuts. Gr (http://quantdoctor NULL.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/mymee-pda1 NULL.png)ass-fed and organic animal products.
2. Tracked weight (Withings (http://withings NULL.com)), blood pressure (Withings), optimism/agitation/energy/caffeine/carbs (Mymee app (http://mymee NULL.com)), food and people pictures (Mymee app (http://mymee NULL.com)), lipid subtyping (VAP from Quest Diagnostics (http://questdiagnostics NULL.com)), blood sugar indices (HgbA1c, Glycomark, fasting blood glucose from Quest Diagnostics), and other labs.
3. Tracked sleep (Zeo (http://myzeo NULL.com), BodyMedia (http://bodymedia NULL.com)), activity (BodyMedia, Garmin (http://garmin NULL.com), RunKeeper (http://runkeeper NULL.com)), headaches (Mymee app), barometric pressure/particulates/light in bedroom (BodyTrack (http://bodytrack NULL.org) base station).
4. Aggregated and visualized my data using from these sources using the BodyTrack (http://bodytrack NULL.org) platform thanks to Anne Wright and Randy Sargent from Carnegie Mellon University.
Anne Wright (http://twitter NULL.com/annerwright) also served as my Quant Coach, a role that proved very helpful for focusing my efforts and providing ongoing feedback and course corrections along the way.
What did I learn?
Link to Slides from Presentation on Slideshare (http://www NULL.slideshare NULL.net/paulabramsonMD/the-quantified-doctor-personal-experiments-with-paleo-and-bodytrack)
Embed from Slideshare: